Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

Cape Town you have my heart

One month ago I was lucky to travel to South Africa for work. While I was there I took the opportunity to spend the week end in Cape Town and catch up with a friend. I didn't see much while I was there but what I did see left me with a wonderful memory and a strong desire to return soon. Actually, if I could move there tomorrow I would happily go!

I stayed in Glencairn, in Simonsville which is right on the coast. I booked a small guest house I had found on Google. The rooms were small but all of them gave onto a shared terrace from which you could see the Cape. I wonder what it must feel like for the people who live there to wake up every morning to such a view.

 
View from the terrace


 
We went horse riding on the beach. The ride was organized by Sleepy Hollow. That farm is exactly my idea of paradise on earth: horses, cats and dogs coexisting peacefully in a serene environment. The owner, Lisa, takes very good care of her large family (including all the animals) and most of the horses have been there for many years. This was something new for me as I am used to clubs with a relatively high turn over of horses. She also organizes hippotherapy sessions during which disabled people can interact with animals. If I could recreate something similar in my life I would consider it quite an achievement.


 
An orange cat. He was the first to welcome us when we arrived on the farm

 
That trail ride has to be in the top 10 of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Once on your horse, you leave the farm from the back gave that gives directly on the green bush. And then, before you realize, the scenery around you changes completely.

 
The mist gives an eerie feeling to the transition from bush to beach.  



                        A group of friends were walking together on the beach with their dogs.

Comments

Popular Posts