Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

Birthday girl

For my birthday today we played chukkas (polo matches) in the morning. One horse got me a special present and kicked me in the leg just as a reminder that polo is not exactly a gentle sport. It was pretty painful but annoyingly I didn’t even get a bruise to vouch for it. 

After untacking the horses we went to see horse races, something we’d never seen before but always sounded fun. It was a local event with many families and things organised on the side to keep the kids happy. There were stalls selling food and sweets, candy floss and donuts. 

Of course we had to bet on the races. On the first race we bet on the favourite, who won (a mere $7.20 but very exciting nonetheless)! I felt bad betting for the favourite - I figured I should be supporting the underdog but then again it felt good to win. On the second race we bet on Little Brigitte who was definitely an underdog but since it’s Mum’s name we couldn’t but not bet on her. Not only Little Brigitte almost didn’t make it into the starting gate but she came last, by a long run. We had a bit of a losing streak after until the last race where we decided to bet again on the favourite who won but tied with another horse so we only made $0.80 as a result. We didn’t even go to claim it. 


The birthday day ended with a great dinner in our outdoor area. Some champagne, local meat and fresh vegetable salad. What more could I ask for? 











Comments

Popular Posts