Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

An evening stroll


In Singapore it's dark every day and all year round by about 7pm so I end up doing quite a lot of night walks, even though in reality it's not that late. I live in a residential area (read - the nearest shop is a few bus stops away) but there are still people walking around in the evening, mainly those who just got out at their bus stop and are rushing home. When I walk through the condo complex I can see all the families on their balconies getting ready to have dinner. It's such a happy moment in the day, when everyone has finally made it through  and they can relax at home.


When we used to live in India walking the dogs was always a complicated affair. The traffic, crowds and streets dogs didn't allow us to completely relax. I rarely got lost in my own thoughts during these times. Here it's the opposite, less people around (comparatively) and wide pavements for everyone to walk peacefully. I never take my phone when I go on a walk. As a result, the 40 minutes or so walk often feels rejuvenating.


I also try to regularly take each of them on one on one walks. Pack walks are pleasant too but the dogs become excitable, especially if we come across another dog. When it's just one of them it's always more relaxing. Hopefully when I'm through with some of my training I should be able to take all of them out as peacefully.


Comments

Popular Posts