Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

From Udaipur to Pushkar on horseback - Day Eight


Another beautiful day! (You must be bored of hearing me say that.) It’s starting to look more and more like a desert: everything is flat and covered to some extend with sand. It’s still rocky though with bushes and huge cacti. 











We stopped for tea near a highway. A young girl used a makeshift machine to heat up the tea: she turned a handle that kept the fire going. The tea was delicious. She was completely unfazed by the fact that four riders had stopped here for a break. 

As we sat there, two young children were herding a group of goats across the highway. It made me realise that before the highway was built it must have been easy for them to cross. Now, it required a feat in coordination and a very risky situation. Luckily they managed but I felt sad. It reminded me that a few weeks ago I was complaining about an old man crossing the highway we were driving on with his buffaloes. I thought it was a very silly thing for him to do. It hadn't crossed my mind that he must have done this all his life until one day this highway got, literally, in the way. 







We camped in the evening in a recently harvested sesame field. 



Comments

Popular Posts