Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

Putting the leash on

Leo the Doberman becomes very excited whenever I get close to the leash rack. He also knows that the moment I get hold of his muzzle it's time for him to go for a walk so he starts panting and running around. It's funny (sad rather) because after he first came home from the shelter where we picked him up he used to be extremely calm. We even used to joke that he didn't know how to bark. When we took in Cookie and we saw them play together (it took months for Leo to react to her) we were delighted and encouraged him. Similarly, he initially seemed so unreactive to the walk that I tried to get him a little more excited. Little did I know that I was doing it all wrong.

So here I am going back to basics and learning how to put the leash on. The rule is simple: all your dog needs to do is remain calm. If he's calm he's earned the right to be walked. Ah! So simple.

It took me 6 minutes to get the leashes on because I put everything back every time Leo got excited. If the video feels long, it felt even longer in real life. We got there in the end.

Comments

Popular Posts