Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

Jan Fennel principles: the first break through


It's only been two weeks but we're already back in Santosa beach. Except this time I have made a few, but crucial, changes. I have decided not to set myself up for failure. So instead of the one chick - three dogs combo we've gone just the two of us with Palo.

Last time I went I saw that Palo was the one enjoying the sea most so it made sense to bring him. Palo loves the water but he's not allowed off leash or without muzzle so his fun would have been limited anyway. The whole point was that it was supposed to be enjoyable for everyone. We were exhausted from a late night out the night before. We wanted to chill!

It was perfect. And the best was that we were able to keep Palo off leash. He was a bit worried about the surroundings, it was pretty noisy because they were setting up for a wedding nearby. But he stuck to me (and sometimes to Manjeev), came back every time I called him, even when there were other dogs coming close. He jumped into the water and joined me in the sea. He was most nervous when we were lounging around so we tried to keep his mind busy.



It looks like he's smiling on that photo.



I know it's not the best beach in the world (can you see the cargoes in the background?) but come on, when do you get to go to a beach just 30 min away from home?


Sleepy on the way home.

Comments

Popular Posts