Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

Deer Park


Another rainy Sunday but this time I decided that regardless of the weather I should go out and explore the area. I set my mind on the Great Windsor park which is about 15 min walk from town. I often cycled by but since there is a huge 'NO CYCLES' sign at the entrance of the pathway I kept telling myself I must plan to come back as a pedestrian. So here I was. 

The grey and wet weather made the experience all the more powerful. In a place which is usually black with people, I was pretty much the only one walking around. 


What the pathway looks like from the start



And for once I was well equipped!


I was rather jealous of those riding by


Half way through the path you walk though a gate and enter Deer Park. A few minutes in and I got very excited when I spotted this guy, so much so that I stopped the only other passer by. She was not impressed, patiently explaining that there were plenty around and that I ought not to get excited about a single deer. 


Having said that, the deer was hanging out with a duck! 
Can you see its tiny head popping out of the grass on the right?


The view from the top of the hill 


And then of course I spotted a whole group of deers and understood what that lady had meant. 



Comments

Popular Posts