Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

The Great Asian Crossing



Oliver showing how many km he covered

That’s it, he’s finished his trip. He’s done it. 

Although we can all conceptually grasp that this guy has cycled from Switzerland to Singapore,17,000 km over one year, we really still can’t put our heads around it. 

We hear the stories but it’s still close to impossible to really IMAGINE what it must have felt like. 

He said that you just need to get up in the morning (easy), pack your tent (okay) and cycle off (doable) then stop in the evening and sleep. That I can still understand. But somehow my mind refuses to add it all up into this great journey. I guess I’m just going to have to wait for the book (if there is one) or do it myself (if there isn’t). 

All the same, we made our way to Gaya, an island off Borneo. It’s exactly like you imagine it is. Lush green forest, beautiful turquoise water and immaculate white sands. There’s even all sorts of animals to tickle my fancy. Spotted (or touched) so far: snake, hog, monkeys and even a little cuddly cat. 

It’s great to be able to relax with the family (minus two brothers unfortunately) and have all the time in the world to talk about nothing and everything. God knows there is a lot to talk about. When you’re in these places you really tend to forget about the outside world. It’s possible to kid yourself that that’s all there is to life. And I wouldn’t mind. 



on the boat from kota kinabalu to gaya island


a snake comfortably enjoying a siesta near the pool


that same snake 



i ended spending most of  my time in a sarong





i wouldn't mind this as an office


mum


even the reflection is almost as good as the real deal



a pool within a pool


i cannot believe this is my baby brother

Comments

Popular Posts