Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

How did it get so late so soon?



A few days it was my birthday. 

I have officially tuned 28 years old - old for some, young for others. 

But the real question is where did the time go??

I came across this by our good friend Dr Seuss:

"How did it get so late so soon? 
It's night before it's afternoon. 
It's December before it's June. 
My god how the time has flewn. 
How did it get so late so soon?"

I could not have put it better myself (wouldn't I have liked it, though, putting it better than Dr Seuss?). 

The thing about ageing is that you don't feel yourself change. You feel exactly the same as you did 10 years ago even though you certainly don't look it. Truth is, however, is that we do change. A lot. But we change so imperceptibly that we don't notice it, like a live frog in slowly boiling water. Our exterior appearance is a physical testimony and reminder of the difference between who you were a year and who you are now. 

As long as you get to grow and thrive - for most of time at least - then it's a wonderful feeling. I look back on to my life, try to learn from my mistakes and remember what makes me happy. Every year I learn something new and I also learn to accept myself more. 

We all have an image of who we'd like to be. As time goes, it becomes harder to hang on to those ideas (wishful thinking?) that are definitely not us and therefore easier to let go of them. 

So here are just some of the things that I am finally learning to accept about myself (please don't laugh - okay just not too loud): 

  • I am not interested in cooking. I'd love to be the kind of women to spend an afternoon in the kitchen and cook up a storm but a/ I'm a terrible cook and b/ it bores me terribly. I love to eat, on the other hand. So I'll stick to that. 
  • I'm obsessed with planning. I cannot function without a To-Do list, even on a Sunday and crossing out things from the list gives me undue pleasure. 
  • But at the same time I like to take major life changing decisions on a whim. I trust my gut instinct completely and I don't need to think about these things to much. The more important it is the easier it is to make a decision. 
Since I am my favourite topic of conversation I better stop now. 

Plus, I have a few more things to cross out on my To-Do list so I shall leave you with a big smooch from Mira, the gorgeous mare!




Comments

Popular Posts