Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

A bird paradise

There is so much to write about the horse trip we did last month that I basically haven't written anything. I am shared between doing a detailed account and not having the courage to do it!

I did go through the thousands of photos we have and managed to bring it down to only 121 pics. Only. I don't really take photos (I took none of these pics actually, Denise took them all) but I am so grateful to be able to go through them and remember all these incredible moments. There's one I wanted to share right now, even tough it was towards the end of the journey. 

In the middle of nowhere, not too far from Pushkar, up in some dusty hills, is a temple. A very lonely yet grand temple. It is famous for its beehive right next to the prayer bell. Every day, they feed hundreds of kilos of grains to birds, grains given as donations. The result is that the bird population has flourished and every day at 4pm thousands of them come to be fed. It is fascinating to watch. 

There are broadly 4 types of birds: pigeons, crows, green parakeets and peacocks. The pigeons and parakeets eat first, while the crows seem to wait on the side. Then, and only much later, the peacocks come. I had thought peacocks would eat first as they are the biggest but we observed a young peacock trying to get into the feeding terrace ahead of his time and he was kicked out but the little ones. 

Here are some photos: 




The priest 






 

Opening up the bags of grain









Comments

Popular Posts