Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

Henley Regatta


There are a few very keen rowers in my family, including my father, so it made a lot of sense to go and check out ZE rowing event in England - Henley Regatta. 

We were pretty excited because we were told it was the rowing equivalent of the Cartier polo club. Which in many ways it turned out to be, except there was about a billion people more and the event was stretched out, it seemed, along the entire length of the Thames. 

I don't know much about rowing and I ignorantly did not think there was much to know. As I discovered, it is extremely technical and the rowing boats look more like elongated paddle boards than actual boards. 

But I confess, it was much more fun to watch everyone else, especially all the people who had decorated their boats for the occasion.


on the way in the cab


the long whites things in the water are...rowing boats!


some of the spectators in their boats



obligatory selfie



well, at least I have ONE photo of rowers


these guys are just SO cool with their wine and table
i'm amazed nothing is falling off


manjeev & elliot


mum, dad & stephen


you probably can't see properly but this is a boat full of elvis presleys...
... welcome to england 


the stylish emma


dad & elliot in front of the kings school marquise

Comments

Popular Posts