Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

Welcome back to England!


I can’t believe it’s been 3 weeks since I last posted on this blog. The last time, I was sitting in a tiny studio on top of a launderette in Windsor. I say sitting but lying down would be more accurate - the room was so small there was no chair, just a bed which doubled up as desk/chair/dining table during the day. 

Fortunately, things have changed a little since then. We are now comfortably settled in what will be our home for the next 6 months. (You know us - we can’t commit to much further than that). 

So yes, we live in Windsor, UK (I put Windsor, US by mistake in my iPhone weather options). We have a teeny weeny little view of a fraction of the Queen’s castle from our town apartment. The tiny view includes a fraction of the pole on which they raise the flag when the Queen is in. Having already spent a few weeks observing it I noticed she sometimes comes in for a really short period of time. For example, they lift the flag late in the evening and by the next day 6am when we wake up she is gone already. Impressive. If I was Queen I would make sure I never ever get up before 9am. Probably a good thing I’m not. 

We are delighted to be in a little town like Windsor and away from London’s craziness! We did spend a few days in London before making the move, though, and it was fantastic. London treated us to a bright blue sky and unseasonably hot temperatures. We got to catch up with a lot of old friends and of course the family. Suffice it to say it involved enough alcohol for my liver to be relieved when we packed up to leave. But with only 30 min separating the two cities, my liver is not exactly safe. 

Some pics from our first week in the UK and more updates coming soon!


Hyde Park at its best and busiest 





My friend Iris hosted us the most marvellous welcome back party in a beautiful mews in Notting Hill! Both Canelle and I were moving back to London after a while, definitely something to celebrate. 



The not so glamorous part of moving all our stuff across cities. You got to love the giant Argos bags.




Comments

Popular Posts