Vegan & Oil-free Recipes

Settling in to Windsor


We have finally settled in to a semblance of a routine. Manjeev has started work in a polo club in Windsor. Poor thing, it was raining cats and dogs on his first two days and he was completely drenched. He had been so keen on experiencing living in the UK and all I felt like saying was “What did you think they meant when they said the weather is terrible in England?”. But I can’t entirely blame him since we had two weeks of amazing weather. He could not have seen it coming. 

As for me, I am back on my computer, sitting behind a desk (a real one this time, not just a bed) at home. I am working on setting up a new venture in the same field I was working in before (market research). I am happy to be able to manage my hours but I am a little jealous that Manjeev gets to be outside with horses all day long. 

Over a year ago when we left our lives in Singapore we thought we would be setting up a horse ranch somewhere in India. The reality, however, is that we decided we need more experience in terms of running this kind of operations. We know a lot on paper but as the saying goes ‘In theory practice is the same as theory but in practice it’s not’. So here we are doing the practice bit. Well, Manjeev is doing it full time while I try to share my soul between the corporate side of things with this little venture and horses by volunteering at the local horse rescue. (There is so much to say about this horse rescue place that I want to dedicate an entire post to it later on.) For the moment let’s just say we are having a great time and settling in really well. 


My desk!


Elliot's guitar that has been following us all over the place.


Doing everything on bicycle


At the local library - M at the kids section!


Investing in proper English survival gear 


Got to play a bit of polo too



The start of the Cartier Queen's Cup at the Guard's Polo Club


The goats at the horse rescue farm - they think they are dogs



Duck egg - fresh from the farm!



Mucking around


Queen Charlotte Street, of course!



Comments

Popular Posts